View Single Post
Old 08-26-2017, 08:37 PM   #1
jspoljor
zemuron

HPDE Tire Advice

I'm looking from some advice from more seasoned experts here regarding tires for HPDE events. I apologize if this is in the wrong forum or has been discussed before. I tried to search it but had no luck.

My car is a 2000 986s. It was bought to be a dedicated fun car for HPDE track events. Currently, it is bone stock, but I need some new tires and thought this might be a good time to upgrade to something more track worthy. I plan to upgrade other components of the car eventually (my next two projects are seats/ harnesses and shocks), but I need some new tires before the next event. I have the 18" turbo twists. After some minor research, I decided I would get the hankook rs3's, but unfortunately, those have been discontinued. Many of the other tires ive seen don't seem to fit the stock sizes on the 18's.

As far as my skill level, I have a handful of events under my belt. One of those being one of the coolest weekends of my life- the Indianapolis motor speedway with MORPCA .

So, basically, I'm looking for tire recommendations for a 986s that is dedicated to track use with 18" turbo twists. Given the dedicated use of this car, Id prefer a track tire or high performance summer tire.

Thanks in advance for your help!

Last edited by jspoljor; 08-26-2017 at 08:41 PM.
jspoljor is offline   Reply With Quote