View Single Post
Old 08-25-2017, 02:33 PM   #9
Wendo
Wendo

Thank you both Mr Itusler and Mr Pdwight again. I am not one for making Boxster lovers fear. To me the IMS Bearing is a lot like politics when sorting truths, he said she said. But airing on the side of caution, no large capital is going to a flat six here. But, a good looking car should be a running car, and it should run like it looks. My thoughts on conversions are 1) A person should understand the logic in the plan, in the end, you have a car. 2) A person should listen to all that is kindly offered by the experienced. 3) A person should only venture within their own skill level. 4) Beware of snap together kit sales, most can be designed and implemented by a decent inclined mechanic that also listens.
To begin, just transition bell, flywheel, p plate and clutches are more wisely purchased than self machined. The rest isn't much more than competition rail frame building, trial and error.
Cooling and wiring are the fun part, after it can be seen together.
I have been to this rodeo, trust me, its not that far above most mechanics, if any at all.
The hardest part is not butchering the car, measure, draw and model if needed to see fits and hidden speed bumps. A very nice concept can be created at home with the care and safety always in mind.
This is great, thank you all and keep driving safe.
Wendo is offline   Reply With Quote