View Single Post
Old 08-23-2017, 07:37 PM   #5
AZ986S

Accusump installation

OK so I promised I would get some photos from my Accusump installation in the tunnel. IMHO this is the best spot to put it if you can. Out of sight, doesn't take up any trunk space, doesn't heat up up the ECU etc... The only compromise is that it is difficult to access it and hard to see the gauge on the air side. My thought is to put a remotely mounted gauge using an electric sender, probably in the cabin.

So here are some pics:

Here you can see the 2 hoses going around just behind the motor mount enroute to the remote oil filter:

And this is the remotely mounted oil filter. It is located on the passenger side, next to the water pump, on the upright wall. There was just enough room to mount it there with a Napa Gold 1042 filter:

I haven't used it on the track yet, but I'm heading to Inde Motorsports Ranch in Wilcox, AZ on Labor Day weekend. So the way I use it is I power up the Accusump master switch just prior to starting the engine for a few seconds in order to pre-oil. Engine starts soooo much smoother. This has got to be good for reducing startup wear... I then turn it off and let it recharge during normal street driving. If I leave it on, it will start dumping at every stop or light.
2002 Boxster S - NHP 200 Cell Headers,test pipes,Borla CatBack,Competition Plenum,74 mm TB, EVOMS Tune,Tarett UDP,Eibach Swaybars,BIlstein PSS9s,TuneRS rear toe links,wheel studs,15 mm wheel spacers on all 4,EBC yellow stuff pads,Sebro rotors, EBS oil baffles,160 deg Thermostat,2 quart Accusump,full filtration remote oil filter,rad fan switch,custom gauge/switch plate, Race Capture data logging, 90K miles
AZ986S is offline   Reply With Quote