View Single Post
Old 08-23-2017, 02:44 PM   #209
Nine8Six

sorry for the sticky QA thing, I'm trying my best here lolll

Q: how will streaming be possible?
A: I have a small (thumb size) 4G wifi dongle here given by China Telecom, disposable sim card. Loaded with 44GB valid for 24months. How does it work in Germany? bet you can have a similar deal, you'd need to check before. 44Gb lolll if you download a lotttt, for normal use I guess you could simply use your mobile as access point, if your carrier allows it (tethering).

Q: Are you able to pair your phone and than control everything via the unit?
A: Not at the moment, unless someone can prove me wrong. Or we might already have mobile Apps for remote desktop already, haven't looked much in this I'll be honest.

Q: Have you added a optical out?
A: No optical. Audio is L/R from Intel HD chip. Sound/channels can be enhanced digitally using USB interface sound cards or studio grade mini pre-amps (if you are in fidelity material). Comes in a all price ranges really ($29.99~$4,000+).

Q: Or what possibilities are given to connect it to a amplifier?
Q: As I'm running a DSP with Amp, for me it's just important to get the sound in the highest possible quality and uninfluenced by the unit out to the DSP.

A: You seem to know more than I do on this. There are just way too many options/brands for me to stop and chose one, and I don't find that part funny at all (in all honesty). If you know of any proven solution for the 986, you got to tell us my friend. I bet there is more a few ways to hook this up but if you are convinced that your method is the best in-the-world, you need to tell us