View Single Post
Old 08-23-2017, 07:05 AM   #1
duprat_design

Cool Wheel Adapters/Oversize Rim Fitment

Hi All,

New to the 986 club; found one way under market value (at least here in Canada) with just over 40k miles in stellar shape. Figured I'd snatch it up while I'm on the hunt for a 911 and then potentially pass it along to the wife!

I'd like to upgrade the wheels but don't want to spend a fortune as there are other "to-dos" on my list with regards to cosmetics.

I'm not ashamed to say I'm content on going second-hand to save some $$$ but have found sourcing 5x130s in my area next to impossible. What is everyone's thought on adapters so I can use wheels options that may be more prevalent? I use the car on the road, not a track car so not worried about rules and regulations there....

Also, not wanting to go huge, but don't mind going up in size (diameter 1 or 2"s) and would love things to sit a little closer to "flush" with the fender wells. I've heard through some forums about potential "engineering" issues re. suspension failure with up-sizing wheels on the 986.

I'd love some feedback, both from a technical side as well as "real-life" experiences if anyone out there has gone the same or similar route I'm entertaining.

Sorry if this thread exists somewhere - I've tried to search it - without going through all pages but haven't come across it yet....thanks in advance for the help, or for redirecting me!
duprat_design is offline   Reply With Quote