View Single Post
Old 08-21-2017, 07:37 PM   #2
BirdDog

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pdwight View Post
If you were lucky enough to be in a totality zone today and clear skies it was breathtaking.

Words and pictures do not do this justice...I was excited as a kid today and that does not happen very often. The wife and I got to spend a few hours today with people from all over the US and beyond and all colors and all we had was a great time.
We were at 97.5% totality here in Atlanta (well, a little north of it). We expected to be in darkness, about like a full moon, but with just 2.5% showing it was still bright out. As if there were some light cloud cover over the sun.

That made it less impressive I think to people who didn't have eclipse glasses, but for those of us who did, WOW! There was just the smallest wisp of the sun showing. The bugs went a little wacko at the height of it and everything had an eerie red tinge. And the shadows! Light shining through leaves in the trees looked like mini eclipses on the ground. And all the shadows were so SHARP. It was wild. Everyone here had a great time!