View Single Post
Old 08-17-2017, 12:35 AM   #164
Nine8Six

Quote:
Originally Posted by redciv1 View Post
BTW, Im not sure I saw this earlier but will there be tuning options like Xover points, subwoofer phase, gains front and rear...etc?
Yea it got pretty high tech at some stage but I think we are done with this tough. The rest is mfg & play really. Already started the CAM work on the small parts and plan on manufacturing the IPS display frame and back enclosure as soon as I receive my pre-order on material.

RE Sound

At some stage in the built I’ve realized that none of us here have the same goal or/and taste for sound so I’ve simply enabled an AUDIO OUTPUT + MIC INPUT. You can obviously shoot this audio output straight in the Porsche OEM amplifier using a 3.5mm jack to RCA slitters (example) or (copy me) and go for a USB 6 Channel 5.1 HD external sound card. I kind of like the Creative Sound Blaster because of the software that comes with it but you can buy anything else that is plausible to you and within your budget e.g. 7.1 Surround Sound, subwoofer support and all! All very inexpensive stuff… search Amazon keyword “USB HD External Sound”.

That's right! Full Surround Sound in-a-car lolllll

I’ll provide the computer (same as a laptop really but 3x smaller). What you want to do with it is your choice! If you want to hook up a 1000W-RMS Alpine amp and 16 subwoofers to it, be my guess man

Lots and lots of Boom Boom options for you guys to choose. Obviously.

Be creative fellas