View Single Post
Old 08-15-2017, 11:57 AM   #21
AZ986S

Quote:
Originally Posted by eric-d View Post
Finally got around to getting it up in the air.

Got the pan off and swapped in the EBS motorsport baffle. Worth the reasonable price for a bit more protection in steady state cornering.

It is a tight fit, and i dint like the pressure exerted by the foam pad on the side dams to the front side of the pan as its a thin aluminum casting, so i removed the foam from the top of these dams and cleaned off the adhesive.

Managed this with a minimum of swearing and no blood. I am amazed.

Tomorrow brakes.
I did this upgrade earlier this year with the exact same baffles (EBS) and had the same problem on my 02 Boxster 3.2. I ended up removing the rubber edging (foams) on the top of both side dams just like you did. The sump plate would not fit correctly otherwise... I do hope that this does not reduce the efficiency of the "holding" or "sealing" too much.

I also now have a 2 quart Accusump with full filtration remote oil filter setup installed and I hope the combination of the EBS baffle and Accusump will greatly mitigate the effects of oil starvation on our wet sump systems... Was also thinking of upgrading to the 987/997 oil cooler (taller) for reduced oil temps at the track. I don't think a 2 quart deep sump (or any deep sump) is a good idea especially for a track car. I'm not a fan of having the sump being lower than the rest of the undercarriage, much less with a lowered suspension. Dry sump would be the best (Chris Cervelli) https://rennlist.com/forums/racing-and-drivers-education-forum/981880-boxster-dry-sump-system.html
2002 Boxster S - NHP 200 Cell Headers,test pipes,Borla CatBack,Competition Plenum,74 mm TB, EVOMS Tune,Tarett UDP,Eibach Swaybars,BIlstein PSS9s,TuneRS rear toe links,wheel studs,15 mm wheel spacers on all 4,EBC yellow stuff pads,Sebro rotors, EBS oil baffles,160 deg Thermostat,2 quart Accusump,full filtration remote oil filter,rad fan switch,custom gauge/switch plate, Race Capture data logging, 90K miles

Last edited by AZ986S; 08-15-2017 at 12:14 PM.
AZ986S is offline   Reply With Quote