Thread: lw carpets
View Single Post
Old 08-12-2017, 08:37 AM   #4
The Radium King

so, 1.5 lbs per side, 3 lbs total for all the floor carpet insulation. say 4 lbs w margin for error. the two carpets over the engine are much heavier. i've also got all the insulation out from under the roof - a lot of weight there (along w roof motor, transmissions, etc.). makes the car noisier, but i am looking to get some Dynapad (non-adhesive) and lay in it there - can take it out when at the track. the idea is a street/track car, and in the case of the floor carpets don't see the benefits of removing the insulation.

otherwise, have all the engine bay insulation out. lw exhaust w no cats. lighter coilover suspension. ac gone. stereo gone. ps gone. sai gone. seat sliders gone and gt3 buckets mounted to the floor. gsr lw front and rear bumpers. oz lw track wheels. have girodiscs that i haven't put on yet (waiting to finish my current rotors). working on lw door panels. going to remove the charcoal canister this winter. gt3 console delete. going to remove airbags this winter as well (have a sweet clubsport steering wheel i can't wait to install). deka et14 lw battery yet to install.

currently have a z-top that isn't light but looks cool. working on a fiberglass clamshell/speedster hump panel that should get about 75 pounds out of the car when done. probably do fg hood and trunk at that point.

Last edited by The Radium King; 08-12-2017 at 08:54 AM. Reason: and the damnded thing still weighed 2900 lbs when corner balanced.
The Radium King is offline   Reply With Quote