View Single Post
Old 08-08-2017, 10:22 PM   #8
That986

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nordy View Post
Hi folks sorry for going to sleep on this after posting a new thread, this noise is getting louder, if you say boom boom boom in your deepest voice at the normal rate of speaking that's noise coming from the back of my 01 986 it's done about 60k one side has a new drive shaft that's the left side but the cv joints are okay on the other side and it's just had an mot, the sound is most noticeable at about 10mph accelerating or decelerating with clutch in or out, when turning or in a straight line, flat road or over bumps, I thought it might be the exhaust resonating at first but I can still here on acceleration until about 20mph when it fades away, I thought wheel bearing at first but it's not droning and I checked for movement on the freewheel, I was thinking of changing the transmission oil, then giving the remaining drive shaft a frowning at, or do you think I should start with the wheel bearing.
Does the frequency of the noise go up with speed? If not you could be looking at a CV joint but it does sound like a wheel bearing to me.
That986 is offline   Reply With Quote