View Single Post
Old 08-06-2017, 09:57 PM   #7
geraintthomas

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaxD View Post
Looks like you have a nice new track arm there. You replaced that - why not the subframe half?

Yes it can be welded on the car.

Porsche intended this to be replaceable if damaged. I'd follow their lead.
Again like I've mentioned above, welding is the quickest, easiest and cheapest route to go down. Once done, its function would be identical to if I just replace the part, except it'll be a lot less hassle. It's not on show, it doesn't need to look perfect. To change the subframe part I'd have to have a transmission jack followed by a lot more patience/difficulty, and whilst I'm comfortable with doing a lot of suspension work myself, I'm not comfortable doing that. Changing the arm took me all of 20 minutes and was two bolts, so that's no comparison.

If welding is strong enough and can be welded on the car, there's literally no reason for me to change the part at this time. I may change it in the future for the sake of replacing a part so that it's as it should be, but it'll hopefully make no difference after I've welded it. I'd just be doing it for the sake of it.

Just needed to know if it can be welded whilst on the car and if it'll be strong enough - looks like a yes to both of those. Thanks guys.

Bi-xenon Headlight Upgrade | 987 S 18" Anthracite Alloys | Android Head Unit | 5000k 55w HID's | 5000k Cree DRL's | 5000k Cree number plate lights | Cree LED Indicators | One-touch roof operation | Bypass exhaust pipes | Parking sensors | Ambient footwell lighting

Last edited by geraintthomas; 08-06-2017 at 10:00 PM.
geraintthomas is offline   Reply With Quote