View Single Post
Old 08-02-2017, 11:58 AM   #4
Dr. Acula

Ladies and gentlemen, we are standing at the cusp of a rather dramatic change in the automotive world. A couple years ago I would have sneered at the idea of electric cars edging out ICE cars, but it now appears to be a matter of WHEN rather than IF.

I love the burble of a V8 and the howl of a flat 6, and I always will. But I'm also excited for the new things to come. We're going to see and experience great things with cars that we never imagined. There will, of course, be bumps in the road and growing pains with the infrastructure. But there will also be a logarithmic slope of advancing technology, particularly with battery tech. Rest assured there will still be Porsche cars that know how to bring thrills and driving excitement , even if the car sounds different. This isn't the end. It is simply an evolution.

Let us be grateful that we were able to experience the heyday of the internal combustion engine as well as the birth of the EV revolution. It will be fun watching it unfold.

(I don't share the same optimism for autonomous cars, but maybe give me 5 years and ask again.)