View Single Post
Old 08-02-2017, 12:19 AM   #1
ndfrigi

Got a 99 boxster last June.

Hi 986 enthusiast! I bought this 99 boxster from a previous co-owner porsche shop. Last year a customer can't afford spending so much money for a transmission rebuild. So the previous owner (co-owner of the porsche shop) bought it for his personal toy last August 2016 and spent more than $4k just for parts (including newly rebuilt transmission from a reputable shop), no labor spent since it is from his shop. Part of the repair or parts replaced was the IMS (from LN Engineering) although the dual row bearing was still in very good shape but since transmission is out, he decided just to change it.
All worked done between July (when still owned by shop client) and Sept. 2016.
And last June 2017, the seller decided to move to a smaller house and ended up selling it. So I was able to buy it from him. I had atleast 6 914s since 2011 when I 1st got a 75 1.8FI and then buying more since then. Last year there is month that I had 4 914s on my driveway and sold them one by one when I needed some cash. Last June 2017, I decided to sell my 1st 914 and have to replace it with less than the price of my 75 914. And the replacement is this watercooled boxster. I do missed my toy, even my family missed our 75 914. But this boxster is better since my wife likes driving it.

ndfrigi is offline   Reply With Quote