View Single Post
Old 08-01-2017, 06:53 PM   #16
itskenallen

Quote:
Originally Posted by dghii View Post
That kind of a statement from a vendor is pure BS sales crap. How do they know how long an engine may last? What information do they provide about their uprated bearing?

Besides you didn't want this WP to begin with. Get the one you wanted and you'll be good to go.

Heck, saying "my water pump will outlast the engine" on our cars may not necessarily be that much a statement!
Yeah very true. They provide no info whatsoever on the bearing specs.
Quote:
Originally Posted by clickman View Post
Say that up front so "amateurs" like me don't waste your time. Because, unfortunately, that's what most of the people on this forum are...
Dude I consider most people on here as professionals. Whether mechanics or not, lots on here have years of experience in cars in general, and esp these waterpumps in particular.

U seem to have a chip on your shoulder or something as both ur comments have been sarcastic. I am purely trying to expand my knowledge base to help me decide what to do.

I guess what I was really looking for in creating this thread was the hope that people might tell me that the metal version will be fine and no need to delay getting my car back on the road for another week or two by returning it etc etc etc. I was undecided what to earlier and now I'm fairly sure I'll be returning it and waiting for the composite.

Sent from my Galaxy S8+ using Tapatalk
itskenallen is offline   Reply With Quote