View Single Post
Old 07-31-2017, 08:26 PM   #4
jakeru

Yep, pry with something lever-like. If metal, wrap with duct tape to not mar. Apply pressure not on edge of roll bar padding, but in middle - next to the mounting studs. Roll bar padding is riding, metal frame, with foam padding, I think polyurethane, and polyurethane covering. The polyurethane padding/covering can get deformed a bit, and "rebound" back to as-molded shape, after letting sit for a minute or two.

I also found there are two recessed notches at bottom edge of rollbar padding on each side, just below the topmost arch of the hoop. Sure seems designed to be a starting point for pry removal.

For the center pad, I'd consider removing one of the side pads first, and attacking it from the exposed edge. If you happen to bend a stud on the way out, not a problem to re-bend it straight - tap with a hammer. The stud simply are friction fit into plastic bushings. If the plastic bushings come out of the steel rollbar frame on the way out, just "unscrew" them and push them back in to the rollbar frame. You can replace with new bushings if they are too badly buggared up. Good luck!

Last edited by jakeru; 07-31-2017 at 08:30 PM.
jakeru is offline   Reply With Quote