View Single Post
Old 07-28-2017, 06:48 AM   #13
Brian in Tucson

I went and looked at an 01 Boxster yesterday. $3300, sniffing at the 75,000 mark. I've never owned a Porsche (POR-SHA!) and when I get into it, I am totally lost

I am retired, do all my own mechanic's duties, and usually have a fairly quick learner approach.

Here's the CL ad. https://tucson.craigslist.org/cto/d/porsche-boxster/6235922802.html I've never seen a set of seats in that terrible condition before. Luckily I found some on Ebay which will match the metropol blue interior and top color. And a set of side mirrors that match the car and actually have glass.

Needs minor body work and then a paint job. Arctic silver, no color change. I can't afford a $3k or $4k paint job, so a buddy of mine will bring the body up to snuff and then I'll send it off to Maico, where I've had very good results.

Lots of little stuff, like the door lock switch is pushed into the inside of the center dash, the hood release needs to be worked, the power windows may need to be worked, the motor for the top needs to be reconnected (maybe replaced,) the spoiler needs to be checked out, it sometimes doesn't want to retract, and I need to visit a top shop for a new rear window. Can't recall whatever else. Going to try to bring it home today, if I can find someone to help. It is very tight, steering seems good, engine is lovely. The guy stored it in a carport, so no water damage

This is going to be interesting. I'm hoping it doesn't mark it's territory. So I'm here, and ready to get started.

First things first is to get the rear window in and do a very comprehensive interior cleaning. I'll try that before springing for a detailing. I'm not used to or want to get used to such a dirty interion.
Brian in Tucson is offline   Reply With Quote