View Single Post
Old 07-24-2017, 04:58 PM   #44
Silber

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikefocke View Post
To reveal my bias for quantity testing, I come from a background where millions of test cycles were a minimum.)
I have great faith an SKF's testing methodology. My challenge is to make sure that the bearing has conditions that are acceptable. I think the best way to do that is with a freeze plug. Preventing oil from washing out the bearing will enable me to get the SKF rated service like from my chosen bearing.

I am definitely going out on a limb, at least as far as the Porsche community is concerned. You're right, Time will tell.

As to the cautionary tale of KK, he was trying to use a cheaper bearing with inferior ratings to do the job. I am trying to use a top notch bearing with exceptional ratings to do a hopefully better job than what is currently available on the market.

Absolutely without pioneers I would not be in a position where I could take this experiment and have any minimal chance of success. The work of others has put me in a position where I can possibly even incrementally improve the IMS situation.

What I want is a lifetime solution, and I'm going to do my darndest to get as close to that as humanly possible.

And, I reserve the right to cancel my experiment and go with a proven quantity if that is what I determine to be the best course of action. So far my plan still looks good, but I'm always open to being proven incorrect.

Regards,

Silber
Silber is offline   Reply With Quote