View Single Post
Old 07-24-2017, 01:12 PM   #43
mikefocke

Jake was one of the first to do IMS bearing replacements at a time when Porsche said it could not be done. He was involved in testing some of the designs that eventually evolved into what we now know as LN bearing kits, tools and directions. He has done thousands of replacements I'd wager.

Knowledge improves over time (witness the engines Jake blew up testing before they got it right and were ready with a product you could buy, witness the changes in one of the LN products between initial availability and today). Having a high quantity of samples and a "please return" policy also improves the insight into needed design changes. It also gives forum readers insight into what may be working and what isn't. Statistics are meaningful.

But in the end, it is your car, your money, your decision. Come back in 5 years and tell us how it all worked for you keeping in mind even that much quantity one usage means little when assessing product quality and suitability.

(That my single and double row experiences were without failure is meaningless in the path to determining product reliability. Too small a sample. To reveal my bias for quantity testing, I come from a background where millions of test cycles were a minimum.)
mikefocke is offline   Reply With Quote