View Single Post
Old 07-24-2017, 10:26 AM   #24
Oldcarguy

I wouldn't

Would you sell your Boxster today for what you initially paid for it or less? I wouldn't.

My totally subjective observation is that the 986 Boxster market is trending toward binary. Two markets, 1) pricing trending gradually upwards for the declining pool of 986 Boxsters in overall excellent condition and 2) eroding market pricing for the increasing pool of unloved, abused or neglected money pits. IMHO, forty or fifty years from now collector / restorers will be scrambling for any 986, whatever the condition.

Just my .02 cents. I really don't care what the Boxster market does. If my 986 goes belly up for whatever reason, I'll make the best of it and move on. If it keeps on keeping on, I'll hang onto it for as long as we have a symbiotic relationship, then I'll make the best of it and move on.
#317 550 Spyder Anniversary Edition 2004 Boxster S, 3.8L Flat Six Innovations engine, PSS9s, etc, etc . . .
The contents of my posts are for entertainment only. As confirmed by my many motor sports fails, I am not qualified to give product endorsements or mechanical advice
Oldcarguy is offline   Reply With Quote