View Single Post
Old 07-22-2017, 06:04 AM   #25
Bilmar72
Bilmar72

Garage
I am very much with 10/10ths on this one. I have just changed out the IMS on my gorgeous 2004 Boxster S which is my first Porsche. After doing the research I went for the IMS Solution. Yes expensive but in my opinion worth every penny. The IMS Solution is the only permanent solution to the problem. And I like the idea of an oil fed plain bearing, being simple, reliable and even if worn should not destroy the engine. Being cautious I also bought the tool kit and supplementary tool kit. Now I have seen comment on various forums about the high price of the tool kits, but I was blown away by all aspects of the tool kits and the IMS Solution bearing kit. The quality of every component was first class, the packaging was superb and the instructions which came with the new bearing detailed and complete. All in all completely professional and greatly appreciated. After pulling the tiptronic transaxle and then followed the IMS Solution detailed instructions step by step and to the letter. Also installed a new RMS. And all good, running like a dream and no leaks. For a bearing that when fails will most likely eat the engine I just don't see the point in taking shortcuts. But each to their own.
Bilmar72 is offline   Reply With Quote