View Single Post
Old 08-10-2006, 08:31 AM   #9
blue2000s
Porscheectomy

Quote:
Originally Posted by YellowJacket
You know, this is not surprising, nor does it hurt my feelings for a few reasons:

1. I don't think any of us woke up the day we bought our Boxsters, and said "alright, what I need is a reliable cheap-to-own car, because I just need transportation from point A to point B, and what better way to satisfy that minimalist need than with a Porsche?!" We knew we were buying a car that required extraordinarily expensive maintenance, and came with the potential for some pretty major "issues". Especially those, like myself, who bought a Boxster LONG after the issues with the RMS, MAF, etc., started popping up.

2. I don't think the average Porsche owner is as 40 year old mother of 2 who uses her car for trips to and from the grocery store and soccer practice, and who MAYBE hits 4k rpm once a month when merging onto the interstate. In many cases, those are the people who are driving Lexuses (Lexi?) and Toyotas. I'm guessing if the average Camry owner was a testosterone-driven redline freak who went through tires as fast as some of you guys do, Toyota would drop a notch or two on the list.

3. I don't buy into JD Power's statistics that often anyway -- if you look at their income structure, with respect to charging people to use their name, charging people for their trophies, etc, I don't think they are totally unbiased. I'll take Consumer Reports over them any day.

Just my $0.02.
The S2000 was in the top 5 on the list.
blue2000s is offline   Reply With Quote