View Single Post
Old 08-09-2006, 06:58 PM   #16
z12358

"z12358 thank for your input, but I don't want to turn this into a "S" vs "non-S" thread - already plenty on that. I have however considered what you said in terms of more standard stuff on the S - but the performance doesn't justify the price IMHO."

The standard features in the S (that come extra on the base, and are all useful) bring the price of the engine upgrade in the $5k area. Myself, I'd check that "3.4L engine upgrade" option on an imaginary Base options list (over the $3k 6sp + PASM combo you listed) without a thought. I hope that you have tested the Base vs the S back to back (at least the "old" 987 3.2L S) and that your opinion on the priciness of the upgrade is not based on the 0-60 performance numbers, or such. For me the difference was quite palpable.

You seem to have set your mind on a Base, and I respect that. Just wanted to offer a slight change of perspective -- looking at the bigger engine as an option on a Base options list, instead of a different model (S). Apologies if I have repeated arguments made elsewhere.

Last edited by z12358; 08-10-2006 at 02:54 AM.
z12358 is offline   Reply With Quote