View Single Post
Old 08-09-2006, 04:07 PM   #14
1JB

Get an S with no options. It comes with the 18" wheels standard, the six speed and superior performance. IMO and it's only my opinion I do not intend to offend anyone SC is a waste of money as is PSM unless you're going to the track. Note that Porshce does not claim an faster 0-60 times with SC. It's a gimmick with a wart to boot. The chrono has got to have Porsche laughing in its sleep. You can't use the silly thing effectively with the stalk let alone read it while driving. The stock seats are perfect as well, forget the sport steering wheel, there's no way the standard wheel feels like cheap plastic and you do not need the sport shifter. The Boxster S has the smoothest shifting stick I've ever driven. If you can't drive this stick you can't drive a stick. forget 19" wheels, lower side walls, stiffer ride and they do not improve handling unless you go to the track. Do get tire and rim insurance. For around 600 bucks US you can insure all four wheels -tires and reims - for 5 years and they are very expensive to replace. The Bose is nice but frankly with the top down I don't need it. I don't drive it in winter so don't need heated seats but they were on the car. You don't need auto wipers. About the only thing that is worth it are the bi xenons. They are fabulous at night. Don't get caught up in all the options. The base car is a pure bred, perfectly balanced sports car. Remember, all of those options are going to break and it is an arm and a leg to fix any of them. Porshce is renowned for design, engine performance and handling. All the options are outsourced and will be a cost drain down the road. When you get the car you'll want to make it unique so if you order get crests in the head rests, painted side vents, clear side markers and things like that if you want. If you can get the 6 disk cd changer installed from the factory. It's a lot of money to have installed by the dealer. You said you're interested in performance, then the S is the way to go.
Auto Climate
Bose with Windstop
CD Changer
Heated Seats
Clear Sidemarkers
Midnight Blue Side Vents
1JB is offline   Reply With Quote