View Single Post
Old 07-12-2017, 07:02 PM   #5
jakeru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Filastein View Post
My wife used her clothes steamer and they came off in about 5 pieces each, in about 5 minutes each. Applied Solution Finish afterwards. Tried the cover-up decals but they quickly bubbled.
It would be interesting to see pics of how the decal comes off with steam.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Porsche9 View Post
I removed mine as you described but was never happy with the result. Good but up close there was a residue that I could see.
You may have not rubbed long enough, or used a compliant enough cloth (and/or enough pressure with a paper towel) to get down into the crevices for the texture. Or maybe, you just have OCD and the little specs of pigment, no matter how little, that you just know are in the pits of the texture, just drive you crazy (only visible on mine from a few inches away, by the way, and under very bright lighting).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Porsche9 View Post
I tried the sticker route and the one I got from an ebay seller (sorry it's been years and I no longer know who the seller was) fit nicely from edge to edge and was easy to apply. The results were better then just removing and I never had a problem with bubbling and the texture is a really close match.
Quote:
Originally Posted by 10/10ths View Post
Cool, guys! We need pics, however which show the true, as-installed, full-gory details of those decals (the color match, the texture and the stickers' seams/edges...) or they DIDN'T HAPPEN!