View Single Post
Old 08-09-2006, 01:03 PM   #2
denverpete

Quote:
Originally Posted by drew900uk
Hi guys - I ahve a 97 model boxter, bought last week. My hood is currently up and has stopped going down. The red light on the dash is on and this is obviously why it wont go down, but i cant figure out why the red light is on. It makes the clunking noise when i press the button to take the hood down. It actually makes the same sound if i press the hood up button too. Very odd. I've no idea. Any experts out there have any suggestions? I thought it might be a fuse or something. PLEASE HELP!! Cheers - Andrew
Hmmm. This is one very confusing post - and not just because you're from the UK. I wrote a lengthy answer until I realized that perhaps you meant something else. Seriously, help us help you!

Can we get some clarification on what a "hood" is? I'm guessing it's UK speak for the convertible "top"? Yes? And it is currently closed (up) and won't open (go down)? Yes?

There are a number of possibilities. First, there should be no noises what-so-ever with the top closed and latched regardless of which direction you push the button. Next, with the top unlatched (and brake engaged) does it move at all? When you push the button can you see anything happening with the clamshell cover (it should go up in the air). Does it start to go up and then come back down? As you look inside towards the top's lever arms - do they appear to be doing anything?

Let us know what you find out and I'm sure we can figure it out....

'06 Cayenne Turbo S, Beige Metallic/Tan

Ex - '99 Arctic Silver, Red Interior, Silver Top
denverpete is offline   Reply With Quote