View Single Post
Old 08-09-2006, 12:21 PM   #9
SD987

For some reason I could not get the windstop without the Bose on the porsche "build your won car" sight.

I saw that too. Just a current glitch with the configurator while they finish pushing out the 07 specifications.

19" Wheels, I have the Boxster S 18", but wish I had upgraded, the 19" look great

DrBurton, I don't think you're missing out. Aesthetics aside, I'm not entirely convinced my box wouldn't run better on the 18s.

Colored gauges, I went with white gauges, i think this is a nice touch

For practical application, I actually found the white type on black face on the base model to work better than the grey gauges on the S.

PASM - not necessary and is too spendy

I'd agree with the not necessary part. Maxhouse, truth be told, I think you may want to reevaluate your sport package option. $2680 is alot of money that could be used elsewhere and I think you're going to find the practical value to be less than you'd hoped for. I don't track the car, but still drive "agressively" and after a few test runs, I rarely use PASM. I also rarely use 6th gear and that's with living in SoCal's freeway paradise.

Regarding your other post, the 0-60 numbers require only the 1-2 shift with both trannys. Third gear in the 5-speed will put you in the 90+ mph range. The 6 speed should make the car feel more "torquey", but I'd doubt that the translation to performance numbers is significant. We're also talking about a limited amount of torque to access. I'd actually say that at $2680, that sport package is some of the least bang for the buck, but I'm sure others will disagree. You may also want to note that the sport package is one of the rarest options you'll find on a 987 base, which might be indicative of something.

06 987S- Sold
Carrara White / Black / Black/Stone Grey Two-tone

05 987 5-speed - Sold
Midnight Blue Metallic / Metropol Blue / Sand Beige

06 MB SLK350- Lease escapee
Iridium Silver Metallic / Black

We've heard that a million monkeys at a million keyboards could produce the complete works of Shakespeare; now, thanks to the Internet, we know that is not true. - Robert Wilensky

Last edited by SD987; 08-09-2006 at 12:25 PM.
SD987 is offline   Reply With Quote