View Single Post
Old 07-08-2017, 04:12 PM   #1
MartyDavis

'98 Silver/Red one-owner 130K miles

Selling our '98 Boxster: silver/red with almost 130K miles. Wife bought the car new here in SoCal. All books, tools, both keys. Always lovingly maintained by qualified Porsche shops and we have all the receipts (Pioneer Porsche in San Diego, Pacific Porsche, then Dutch Treat in Manhattan Beach and now Hergesheimer Motorsports in Orange County).

The Good:
1. JUST replaced the IMS bearing with ceramic LN Pro model that should last forever. New clutch at the same time.
2. just had all door dings removed
3. New Michelin Pilot Sports on the rear
4. Only non-stock item are the higher performance Bilstein shocks and struts on the car about 30K miles ago--and we've driven very mildly ever since. They still feel great, and really improved the driving experience.
4. Recently re-plated all the lug nuts in cadmium (the way these rust drove me crazy).
5. Recently replaced both headlights--lenses are crystal clear.
6. Rear window replaced a while ago, still very clear and unscratched.

The Ugly:
1. 4 main cosmetic blemishes: rock chip in hood, scratched driver's side rear wheel (off road brush with bushes avoiding animal back in 2008, that was the only damage, no mechanical or bodywork problems), and driver's door keyed. And most embarrassing, a ding in front bumper with paint spider-webbed.
2. All wheels have various levels of curb rash.
3. Original windshield which looks great but has typical micro-chips that make for a bonus constellation of stars at night.
4. The top is in good shape and works great but does have some mild abrading on the driver's side.

The Bad:
Only that we have to sell it.

After 20 years wife is ready for something new and we don't have room for all the cars. We'd like this one to go to a good home. Thought we would start here. A perfect ride for the big 20 year celebration!

Some pix (note: aluminum door sills were removed for cleaning when I shot these--they are in great shape and come with the car obviously)

Last edited by MartyDavis; 08-03-2017 at 01:50 PM. Reason: I forgot the price!
MartyDavis is offline   Reply With Quote