View Single Post
Old 07-05-2017, 06:10 AM   #111
Nine8Six

Quote:
Originally Posted by redciv1 View Post
Great idea. One suggestion, having a convertible, it would be cool if you could have the screen recessed maybe an inch or so to cut down on some of the glare, especially for us with light colored interiors like the Savannah.
Thanks for kind words and suggestions fellas, much appreciated

Recess; totally! Excellent observation in fact. I'm trying with a 4mm recess for the prototype but this is all based on luck. Absolutely no idea what I'm doing but none the less, the feature is already planed in the design (see orange highlight below). Needs real-life trial I guess... might be able to bring it back forward 2mm if the Retina/IPS display is working "as advertised" (160 degree view angle + amazing contrasts and brightness adj).

Far below visual is what it (may) look like with the 4mm recess. Plenty room to go down another 8mm if really it needs it.

Could make it all look advanced with organic curves and all but prefer to keep it 'easy to machine' for the prototype phase.