View Single Post
Old 07-04-2017, 12:22 AM   #204
bmsamson

Here we go again

Questions arise whenever I look at a possible purchase. Current prospect, 99 base, 130k miles, comprehensive service records since new; clutch/IMS/water pump/shocks all done at or since 100k; good tires, brakes, top upgraded to glass, grin-inducing test drive. Price is somewhat above KBB, but I can live with that. The issue? CEL

P0140, P1117, P1121, P0410, P1411

of course, with the holiday I can't get it to a mechanic so I'm looking for some feedback from folks on here. First, should this be a deal-breaker? I've been reading (yes, search is my friend) and it seems this can be one of many things, but most folks who've had it done in a shop get it cleared for good for less than $1k. If anyone has been through this and has real world numbers to share, I'd be grateful. If those figures are as I suspect, then I think I'm ok moving forward, but happy for any and all insight on that score as well.

Oh, and PO has just one key and the electronics on it don't work. It locks the car and starts it, obviously, but no button function. IIRC this is like $500 to replace at the dealer?!

Thanks all. One day I'll complete a purchase and can perhaps contribute not just take from this board.

Last edited by bmsamson; 07-04-2017 at 01:00 AM.
bmsamson is offline   Reply With Quote