Thread: I lost my Dad
View Single Post
Old 08-07-2006, 02:22 PM   #20
Grizzly

Hey everybody,

I've been gone for quite a few days, burying my Dad and helping my mother prepare for her future without him. I appreciate all of you reading my incoherent rant about his unexpected death and offering your thoughts and condolences. He really was a special man, as evidenced by his enormous funeral and the out-sized expressions of grief, from all sorts of people you wouldn't ordinarily expect.

The Philadelphia Police Department, as well as several other departments, did a fine job of paying final respects to an outstanding Officer. Retired Police Officers travelled from throughout the Country to remember him.

I won't keep you long. I know you'd rather be reading about P-Cars. I just wanted to say thank you to all of those who responded to my post. Like my father, I am fiercely loyal to my friends.

RandallNeighbor, while my name is not important, his name was Jack. Your prayers are very welcome, though I suspect that by now my Dad is happily working with God's Security Detail.

I'll leave you with a photograph, taken a few years ago. Brucelee and Jim will surely recognize the site.

Thanks again,

Grizz
Grizzly is offline   Reply With Quote