View Single Post
Old 06-26-2017, 06:51 AM   #3
Quadcammer

Quote:
Originally Posted by trygve View Post
A couple of thoughts:

- I've heard that residual oil in the intake from an AOS failure can linger. If the AOS blows, and leaves a lot of oil in the intake, it takes some time to burn off immediately after replacing the AOS. It's worth looking into the intake to see if it's dry or has a little stream of oil in it.

- The symptom of a big cloud of oil smoke during a 3rd-to-4th upshift is exactly what happened to my car. It was worse when exiting a corner just before shifting. You may want to do a compression and leakdown test. My test revealed 2 bad cylinders that turned out to have broken ring lands, which was causing a big shot of blow-by under certain conditions. I hope that's not what is happening with your car....
Thanks for the info.

I cleaned out the intake plenums to remove any extra oil so I don't believe its residual.

Definitely a consideration. I'll do a compression test when I have a chance.

The weird thing on my car is that straight line I can be hard on the gas no problem, no smoke. On the street, never any smoke, ever.

On the track with hard turns, elevation changes, and banked turns, smoke city.

For reference, I have a 2qt deep sump, horizontal baffle, EBS vertical baffle, 997 return tubes, and a full flow filter adapter.
Quadcammer is offline   Reply With Quote