View Single Post
Old 08-07-2006, 11:28 AM   #1
rodsnhawgs

rain and the radio

Stopped at a local eatery yesterday evening for a quick bite. While inside, a fast and hard rain shower occurred w/ the top down. We didn't see it coming or it raining as the sun was still shining... Anyway, the owner of the restaruant (friend of mine) noticed the top down and alerted us. I ran out and put the top up, but the inside was soaked as you can imagine. After drying everything as much as possible, two problems developed w/ the radio/CD player:

1. On the drive home, the volume wouldn't work (acted like it was muted but it wasn't).
2. When I got it home, I pulled the radio faceplate and used air to blow everything out. When I put it back together, the "mute" continued and the radio finally quit altogether (no power it seemed). Quick fuse check proved all OK.

I left her in the garage w/ the faceplate opened all night to further dry. This morning, everthing was/is fine. Has anyone else seen this? Is there a delay or moisture sensor built in to protect the radio? I can't find anything that addresses this in the owner's manual. Thanks.
04 Honda Element
07 Nissan Murano
rodsnhawgs is offline   Reply With Quote