Thread: Shakey brakey!
View Single Post
Old 06-21-2017, 07:53 AM   #11
Racer Boy
Racer Boy

The rotors aren't cracked, they are new. I used to race a first generation RX7 that would destroy rotors in one race weekend. During the race, they would crack, so I know what that feels like.

I properly bedded in the pads to the new rotors. It's tempting to say that I've bedded in brakes hundreds of times during my racing career, but realistically, I've bedded in new brakes at least 75 times. I know the procedure, and I've read the EBC directions. The rotors are a uniform color around the discs, so I don't see that I've created any hot spots during the bedding process.

As I mentioned above, the RX7 that I raced taught me all the tricks to extending the life of brakes, like staying off of them completely on the cool-down lap, moving the car forwards and backwards every few minutes once the car is parked to keep the pads from heat-soaking the discs, and so on. That car was inherently under-braked, so I had to learn to not only manage the brakes during a race, but also manage them when the car wasn't on the track. In other words, I know what I'm doing with brakes.

It's not pad knock-off. I also raced a car that had that issue (Datsun 1200), so I'm familiar with that as well.

Once the brakes cool off, there is no vibration. They are fine on the street. The problem is only there when the brakes get really hot.
Racer Boy is offline   Reply With Quote