View Single Post
Old 06-20-2017, 03:25 AM   #3525
Oldcarguy

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaulE View Post
Well I got wacked on my way home from work tonight. Sitting stopped at a red light and the lady in the minivan behind me hit me. It was a hard tap but the real damage was she pushed me into the car in front of me. My front hood is toast, the bumper may be salvageable, and it looks like there is only the smallest of dimples in my rear bumper. Luckily my Nine9Six projector headlights appear to have survived intact. Unfortunately I am supposed to drive to Mt. Tremblant for HPDE on July 14-16, and I don't know if my car will be fixed by then. Oh well, no one was hurt and it could have been a lot worse!
Best wishes for a reasonably quick and a high quality repair! Glad that you are ok.

During my driving life, I've been rear ended twice, both times by distracted drivers while I was already stopped at a red light and I was the second or third car at the light, with my foot lightly on the brake to keep the brake lights on. Once in Houston in my guards red 924S and once in Dallas in my newly repainted bright blue (I forget what Ford calls that color) 1968 Mustang. Getting rear-ended is one of the many things I really watch for, especially when riding a motorcycle.

The first words out of the nice middle aged lady's mouth that hit my 924S were 'my husband is going to kill me for doing this again to my new Cadillac'
#317 550 Spyder Anniversary Edition 2004 Boxster S, 3.8L Flat Six Innovations engine, PSS9s, etc, etc . . .
The contents of my posts are for entertainment only. As confirmed by my many motor sports fails, I am not qualified to give product endorsements or mechanical advice
Oldcarguy is offline   Reply With Quote