View Single Post
Old 06-15-2017, 07:54 PM   #16
VII

So I took the transmission apart and found what I believe to be the issue. I don't know all the terminology so I'm sure I'll get it wrong but I'm sure you'll figure it out.

One of what I believe is a selector shaft has two aluminum pins that hold it in place and one of them had snapped. This allowed what I believe to be some sort of reverse detent or gateway part to pop out and it was in the bottom of the transmission. All the gears look fine and the fluid had nothing unusual in it. I plan to just buy the pins (if I can), replace them, put the reverse parts back in place, new fluid and bolt it all back together.

Top photo is the broken pin and the other pin which has bad wear from doing all the work (poorly) of two pins. The second photo is of where each pin would go and the shaft they should be supporting. The last photo shows what I believe to be some sort of reverse gate mechanism. The brown inner plastic piece had popped out somehow. The notch fits in the selector shaft. It was removed when the second photo was taken.

Going to hunt down parts now.
Attached Images

VII is offline   Reply With Quote