View Single Post
Old 08-04-2006, 12:06 PM   #3
bmussatti

TerryB, here is a potential usefull link for you:

http://autopia-carcare.com/towels---chamois.html

The Blue Drying towels are great. And the Buffing Towel is great for the final wipe when waxing or using detailing spritz.

Believe it or not, Target Stores has some great stuff to under the VROOM brand. Check them out too. I use their small 100% terry cloth towels for windows.

Like Zaino recommends, a good high quality bath towel, cut-up into 4 peices is great too. I have cut-up a couple older bath towels and have been happy with the results. I plan on using all new (old new) towels next year. One season per batch of 8 towels.

The key with using good towels and making them last is proper washer and drying. First off, any towel (or piece there of) that I use on the tires, for dressing, just gets thrown out after use. I only use a piece about 3 inches square. All the other towels I wash at least twice, with soap, followed by another wash cycle without any soap. When drying, make sure you don't use any fabric softner sheets. Also make sure your detergent does not contain any fabric softner, as many today do.

I hope this helps.