Thread: Cayman (non-S)
View Single Post
Old 08-04-2006, 05:28 AM   #4
denverpete

Quote:
Originally Posted by limoncello
I've seen some info lately on the 2007 Cayman non-S. Looks like 2.7 liter, 245 hp, if I recall. Priced at $50K.
The Z4 coupe basic model is only $40K, but handling probably not as good. The Z4 M3 would give it a run.
Not a lot else in the class, no S2000 coupes for example. The new Miata retractable, but it's not really in competition.
If you're a convertible person (and lots of past threads have discussed the P-owner preference for ragtops), you aren't going to buy one anyway, you'd probably get a Box-S for around the same money.

So, the floor is open for comment. Who's gonna buy them, and why?

For my own part, it's Porsche entry with a ton of good looks for 50 grand, along with good-enough performance for street use, and comfortable daily driving. For trackkies, it dodges the roll bar/broomstick issues. But I think the day would come when I wanted to open the top to the sky. But that's just me.
There's very little chance that you're going to be able to pick up a Cayman (non-S) for $50K. There are just so few standard options that the options you do pay for add up quickly.

It's not going to even hang with a Z4M. The Cayman-S barely beats it in most categories. The new M3 is going to DESTROY the Cayman-S when it comes to acceleration....

Forget the Cayman non-S and give me a Boxster Turbo....

'06 Cayenne Turbo S, Beige Metallic/Tan

Ex - '99 Arctic Silver, Red Interior, Silver Top
denverpete is offline   Reply With Quote