View Single Post
Old 06-05-2017, 12:25 PM   #154
BRAN
WALDMEISTER

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by BRAN View Post
Thanks, Bruce!

Well, as picky as the paint-shop guys were with the cheap Chinese primer, they delivered an excellent result. Too bad, that they did not want do the rubber sealings.

Next to-dos:

- glue the sealings (front, sides, back). Any tips&tricks, what glue to use are welcome!

- wirings (i got oem parts/connectors, which are not included in the z-top package, only electrical stuff was a 5$ brake light ) I'll post later, which part numbers to get
If I would be the manufacturer, I would only offer a complete package including OEM stuff...saves you time, money & nerves...and it is only a few $ more. Sometimes I don't understand people's business models.

- trunk lid adjustments & installation, probably the most difficult part, will see...
Seems that installing the rubber sealings is not an easy walk in the park.
Top is lifted by the side windows (when closed) with sealings attached...~3mm.
--> solution: Torx screws to adjust height and angle, accessed through two holes at the bottom of the door. I won't touch the angle, but height only. Something, which is nowhere mentioned in the installation manual
The Bentley manual describes it nicely!
Lower part of the side windows barely touch the sealings (--> gap), probably need to build up 5mm on the side arches.
--> will see how that goes
Finding a proper glue was not a simple task
--> I got TEROSON 444651 Kontaktkleber

So...I am still fighting with the TOP
Why easy, when you can have it the hard way...

Last edited by BRAN; 06-06-2017 at 08:37 AM.
BRAN is offline   Reply With Quote