View Single Post
Old 06-03-2017, 05:16 AM   #11
boxsterlover77

High Milage Boxster Here.....

Hello all!

So like a voyeur, I have watched and learned from these forums without ever really sharing or jumping in.. (haha). So first, THANK YOU for all of the info, advice and things I have learned.

I did want to weigh in on mileage, as I am starting to believe I may be more of a pioneer than I thought! I say this because I am getting close to 160K on mine. I just put a 600 dollar water pump in (only expense so far), and HOPE this keeps me going through the summer, and then I will reassess the car value/situation later.

My plan is to get myself a new one (no more than 3 years old) when I hit some key life milestones (pun intended) in 2019. Can it make it there? Hmmm -- not sure, but appears NO ONE is sure. Even the mechanics scratch their heads and say I am a first for mileage seen on a Boxster.

I will say this -- maybe it dies tomorrow, maybe it goes another 100K. Regardless, it rides and sounds as smooth as a new one... No knocking, no leaks, no noise...

I'll keep ya'll posted -- for now, I feel as though I need to keep running it, just to see and let the world know what they can really do.. hahaha!

Last edited by boxsterlover77; 06-03-2017 at 05:24 AM.
boxsterlover77 is offline   Reply With Quote