Originally Posted by BRAN View Post
it was only a matter of time until you picked up on that...one of my fav topics

I would like to see an all in one solution:
Comfortable: One system to do it all, no new operating systems to learn
Weight reduction: With merging different systems into one
Theft protection: Nothing visible, a thieve would consider "wanting"
Quality: Max 2 Stereo speakers + subwoofer for a better than standard sound

My solution:
I got rid of my 2 Din Blaupunkt: Way too heavy, always the problem with EOL support stop, and as a aftermarket solution...always attractive for theft. Low resolution...endless list

IPHONE (6S/7/8 etc) PLUS model (landscape display mode capable) + car amp with Bluetooth & subwoofer amp included
Still on the lookout for such a perfect "lightweight amp" (atm using a single DIN half size car radio with Bluetooth)
Amplifier will sit in that empty 2 DIN space, and upfront a holder for my BIG SCREEN phone
the mockup frame (my old Blaupunkt one) and the IPhone case will be color matched of course

A power connector would be possible, but I noticed, that when I drive the Boxster, I barely listen to music/radio anymore and the phone is usually always charged to run a couple of hours without recharging. I do have a usb powered charger installed in my armrest, just in case I need to charge it. And the future will bring cordless charging phones anyway, so I am not wasting anymore thoughts on that. So you can have an all in one solution for radio/music/maps/phone/rear camera screen, OBD screen, tire monitor, garage door opener....ENDLESS possiblilities.
Sorry FRED, i got carried away...