View Single Post
Old 06-02-2017, 06:05 PM   #13
Oldcarguy

We did a fair amount of research in 2015 before driving the cars from Texas to our retirement home in NY. Based on what we learned, all detectors are still detectable. Additionally, now that cars are using onboard radar and LEOs are using non radar based fixed camera locations, etc., it can be argued that the radar detector's usefulness has diminished.

Having said that, our V1s still prove very useful in NYS. Not every town, city or state agency can afford to continuously upgrade their LEO's equipment. Still a lot of Ka in use here.

If I remember correctly, New Jersey does not ban radar detectors, but they do have a law against having anything attached to the inside of the windshield.

We took the detectors down when we passed through VA on our way to NY. Never had a problem in NJ.
#317 550 Spyder Anniversary Edition 2004 Boxster S, 3.8L Flat Six Innovations engine, PSS9s, etc, etc . . .
The contents of my posts are for entertainment only. As confirmed by my many motor sports fails, I am not qualified to give product endorsements or mechanical advice

Last edited by Oldcarguy; 06-02-2017 at 06:08 PM.
Oldcarguy is offline   Reply With Quote