View Single Post
Old 06-02-2017, 12:40 PM   #9
Oldcarguy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stryke View Post
Guys,

Any of you have any good radar detectors in your Boxsters?

I bought a Valentine V1 and a V1 display mirror for my S and am having one of my clients do the install for me. It will be hidden and the mirror will have the LED displays for the V1. Very cool in my opinion.

Any others out there?
Had my first detector in the 70s in my 914 2.0 (Electrolert Fuzzbuster). We currently have 3 V1s with permanent switched hidden wiring using the suction cup mounts at the top of the windshield in the 986, explo and S5. Strayed a few times in the last two decades since our first V1, but always end up coming back to Valentine. Radar detector threads often go the way of oil threads, but the v1s + Waze work for us on long trips. For local trips we just rely on the v1s. For Lidar, you're usually history no matter what detector you have.

I always try and mount my detectors as high as possible in the vehicle (usually just under the sun tinting as in our Explo pic below.

#317 550 Spyder Anniversary Edition 2004 Boxster S, 3.8L Flat Six Innovations engine, PSS9s, etc, etc . . .
The contents of my posts are for entertainment only. As confirmed by my many motor sports fails, I am not qualified to give product endorsements or mechanical advice

Last edited by Oldcarguy; 06-02-2017 at 01:32 PM.
Oldcarguy is offline   Reply With Quote