View Single Post
Old 06-01-2017, 02:20 AM   #1
Nine8Six

Infotainment System for Porsche Car [from CAD, prototyping to finish]

Throughout the years I’ve kept an eye open on the aftermarket 2DIN units in hope that I’ll find one that can be installed in my Porsche car console. I mean, looking for something that is visually safe and useful (for me) to permanently install. Truth is; those units aren’t exactly small-looking, especially when they glow low-quality and placed in medium/small size vehicle’s console. Plenty of risks for these thing to potentially invade a whole lot of funny.

I’ve actually seen quite a few of those aftermarket units recently and sadly, all had one thing in common; a less than ideal screen resolution/dpi and a total lack of respect for “true” black color/contrast. The other major problem (again, for me) was obviously those wacky graphical user interfaces (GUI), silly cartoon 3d buttons, usb/sd/whatever card slots in bezels…. oh boy do most of those boomboom boxes comes with everything I don’t need to use “or see”.

I’ve been looking for nearly 3 years for the perfect 2din unit. Obviously had a few kits delivered recently and all failed. Even the one that I’ve paid $800 (brand name) didn’t look nothing close as “the picture lol”. Same who claims to be using modern open source OS; being locked down with a proprietary and impressively cartoon’ish GUI. And finally, what killed it all is all of those came in with poor WVGA, displaying black as silver, most were trailing my finger touch with some really nasty looking white flickers. Picky I know but hey, nope… hell my bed side clock’s hardware and GUI is better looking and more stylish than most of the kits I recently seen up close

Emptied hands, Porsche console still cryin1997 - what to do what to do!

Well folks, we’ll just make one! That’s right. Together we’ll do the “Best-in-the-World” Porsche-centric Infotainment System. So as I go along with this side project, please don’t hesitate to jump in and ask questions. Your recommendations and advice is vital to the success of this product so by all means, please help me out if you can!

So here we go, The Best in the World again

Enjoy!