View Single Post
Old 05-30-2017, 06:13 AM   #3455
Burg Boxster

Solid job there [another] oldcarguy

Incidentally, "flow" rate will actually be higher than 77%. The 77% rate is amount of stagnant fill with mesh versus wide open. The flow rate could be a bit lower than wide open but won't drop anywhere near theoretical 23% based on amount of fill the mesh provides.

I did similar (IIRC rated at 80% fill) 5-6 years back on my 997 C2S. Even after numerous HPDEs in 95F hazy, hot, and humid weather w/ 30+ min sessions, only effect has been easier cleaning of condensers & rads... No to mention, I haven't had to replace one AC condensers since installing mesh either - wish I'd done after I lost first one years ago... Bottom line, I have experienced ZERO negative impact to cooling efficiency/capabilities (as nay-sayers to this mod will try and proclaim).

Good luck

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldcarguy View Post
Made the templates, cut the CCG grills and fitted to the nose. The CCG grills are high quality, very sturdy (power coated aluminum alloy) and they flow 77% of the air vs wide open (which is very good for a relatively dense mesh, BTW). CCG is one of the few places I've found that actually have specs for their grill material. YMMV, but good stuff for me.

Here's a pic before I snipped the zip ties so the placement can be seen:

I made sure that there is no interference for the ducting:

Next up - finish cleaning the radiators / condensers and button it up. Then on installing the immobilizer in the waterproof case.