View Single Post
Old 05-29-2017, 08:02 AM   #15
Bfan

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Radium King View Post
so cool! so many questions! is there enough meat on the 997 plenum to bore it out?

for your electric scavenge pumps - where are you drawing from, and where do you return to?

thanks lots; this is innovative stuff.
It is more question of porting of the plenum then "boring out". And yes I was satisfied with the result, although there was not much meat to spare.

I salvage from the same place in the cam covers that Porsche's double pumps salvage from and then I return the oil into the oil gallery that the OM salvage pumps use to return the oil to the deaerators in the sump.
The pumps are controlled by the new standalone computer which is programmed to run the pumps for 20 seconds after it senses wide open throttle. That means the pumps are running during cornering at the track but not running so often during normal road driving. My system has not been tested as I am still running in the engine, but I have the possibility to log everything with the new standalone ECU, and will be looking closely at oil pressure fluctuations during cornering. I will post the result as soon as I get them.
If this fails to stop the dreaded oil pressure loss during cornering, I guess I will have to fabricate a dry sump system or buy one from Chris Cervelli when he has one ready for Boxster S.

I salvage from the cam covers, the braided oil lines are not installed

The return of the oil to the oil gallery between the OM salvage pumps and the sump.

The return on the other head

There is no replacement for displacement

Last edited by Bfan; 05-29-2017 at 08:25 AM.
Bfan is offline   Reply With Quote