View Single Post
Old 05-27-2017, 06:15 PM   #7
DarkStar

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by particlewave View Post
If it's draining the battery overnight, it has to be a significant drain. I would disconnect the positive lead, then attach wires to both the positive post and the positive clamp. Run the wires outside of the frunk so you can close the lid (having either frunk or trunk open turns both lights on, so removing the frunk bulb is not enough - best to close the lid to eliminate both). Hook up ammeter to the leads, then turn ignition on to wake the car up. Shut ignition back off. Read current draw. Check every hour. Report draw.
Both Trunk Bulbs are LED so not exactly a big draw here. However I have had them both removed at one point.
Quote:
Originally Posted by algiorda View Post
Did you put in a custom radio and think you wired to accessory power, but instead to constant 12v power?
lol No. I don't make such mistakes. I've been a professional car audio installer for the better part of 10 years. And while I technically don't have a stereo in my car, my setup is wired correctly or it wouldn't work at all and I'd rather put a bullet in my head than leave my stuff running continuously.
Quote:
Originally Posted by BirdDog View Post
I just need to throw in here that if you deep discharged that battery several times it might be no good (the new battery may now be bad). If it is bad you should be able to swap it out for another new one under warranty.

P.S. I like the orange and silver scheme (my 2 favorite colors)
Yes, I know. However I cannot just keep replacing the battery after every fuse or part I replace. I may have an awesome warranty on my very expensive Bosch battery but replacing the battery every couple months will eventually be denied due to an obvious issue killing the battery.

And for record, I posted that pic as I jumped the car, Ran around town to do some errands. Came home and left it for 6 hours. I just went out there and the battery was completely gone. So its not exactly over night anymore...

I'll try doing yet another drain test/exam on it, again. But after removing all fuses in the box and letting it sit and it still killed the battery, I don't see how any of those are going to give any results. Right now the car is running so I can get some juice into it.

And again this is not every day, Mostly every day but not every day. There are random days I can go out to the garage and put the key in and fire it right up fast without any issues. So despite the battery most likely is dead now, it does hold a charge just fine without something draining it. And whatever is draining it, isn't a constant. Its a random.