View Single Post
Old 05-17-2017, 04:52 AM   #6
BrandonJames89

Quote:
Originally Posted by diff operator View Post
I don't mean to be that guy, but please remember that when you price your car that the 97-99 tiptronic trans is practically unrebuildable. The parts aren't really available, and if you can find them the rebuild cost is 2/3 the cars value.
I sell these transmission used for 2k plus
The engine and transmission don't need to be rebuilt. It needs the $22 input seal and fluid. If someone has the tools and ability to work on it then it should be good to go. There is no damage. The transmission slipped a few times because of low fluid and lost the rest when I stopped. 1700 repair quote was 1450 for labor.

I spent 5k on it in the last year alone which I don't expect to get back but I believe the running engine/trans, interior, litronics, GAHH top, full new a/c system/coolant tank/motor mount would help the value. I wouldn't consider it a roller because it's just in need of that repair. If I wasn't in an apartment complex now I'd be fixing and keeping it myself.

Feel free to make offers and email me as I don't have any price in mind. Whatever seems fair.
BrandonJames89 is offline   Reply With Quote