View Single Post
Old 05-16-2017, 05:24 PM   #19
mikefocke

As a 40 year NOVA driver, I know the route and now I avoid it like the plague when we now visit. Actually schedule arrival times around peak traffic.

My experience with a Boxster accident I thought was minor and maybe $3k on my kids Honda was, because I was in a Porsche, the costs escalated to the $26k point when they stopped counting. I think you are facing an insurance company who will want to total the car. My experience was exceptionally kind. My Boxster ('99) was only mine about 6 months and the insurance company knew to the penny exactly what I had paid for the car. I received a settlement ~$3500 MORE than I paid and promptly went out and bought a '01S so upgraded at no cost. They will figure $3k recovered from a breakers for the carcass and maybe $8k to you nets them a cost around $5k and they won't want to pay out any more than that. They love profits, not that it was a special car to you.

I feel your pain, my first thought after my crash was "oh no, I pranged a Porsche".

The insurance company is entitled to the car as it came from the factory as that is how they will value it so plan on getting anything you added out. I had done tail light and side markers and took them with me and left the originals in the trunk. They had no objection.
mikefocke is offline   Reply With Quote