View Single Post
Old 05-16-2017, 12:40 PM   #467
seningen

Quote:
Originally Posted by steved0x View Post
I've got the Function First shift handle (the older one) that can slide quite far up the shaft to put the handle closer to the wheel (the newer ones have a longer shaft on the knob, probably to resolve that issue). I used to run it much lower on my original shifter because the aftermarket boot I bought was too short and I had to run it at the lowest position. Now I just left the boot off for now, and have the knob up higher, and I really like it. I think that may have shortened my adjustment period - my throw is probably just as long as before due to the extended level length and that might be making it easier to adjust. It does feel much more solid though.

I am going this weekend to CMP, so we can both report back, hope you have a great weekend at COTA.

Steve
Makes sense... Supposed to be wet here. Just finished racing last weekend in Chumpcar. It was short lived due to engine issues -- but it was a blast.

Have fun as well.

Mike
seningen is offline   Reply With Quote