View Single Post
Old 08-01-2006, 12:12 AM   #2
larez2

I advise you against purchasing this particular vehicle. The fact that the left headlight and left front suspension has been replaced lead me to believe the vehicle has been in a accident with the left front of the car - money says the paintwork was there too. Maybe no frame damage, but it's something to consider.

PPI's can be hit or miss. It depends a lot on who's doing it. It sounds like you found a good mechanic that did a thorough job. But there could still be things that were missed. The RMS failing was a significant find and certainly needs to be fixed ASAP. I'm guessing the clutch hasn't been replaced, and it's cost effective to have the clutch replaced when the RMS is being replaced. Figure at least $500 more for that. What did the PPI say about the brake wear and tread life on the tires? New brakes, rotors, tires, etc add up quickly too.

I'd save your money for a different car. If you're set on this one, I'd see if you can get it for 12k as is. Or maybe 16k if the dealer fixes + warranties all the things the PPI turned up. If the dealer does try to offer you a warranty, make sure you can use it up your way.

Good Luck,
Larez2
larez2 is offline   Reply With Quote